You have your quilt top all finished - Now, what to do next?
This class will teach you the basics of machine quilting, from layering the quilt with the batting and backing to quilting on your domestic machine. Mostly, you will be using the walking or even feed foot, but we will also briefly explore free motion quilting.
Finally, the binding will be added to your quilt and labels will be discuss to finish off your quilt.
What do you need?
- A completed quilt top - no larger than 60" x 70", due to time and space
- Batting and backing fabric (approx 6" larger than the quilt top length and width)
- Sewing machine in good working order
- Walking foot or even feed foot for your machine
- 1" safety pins (200+). Have each pin openend before the first class
- Thread to complement the top and backing fabrics of your quilt
- Fabric for binding
- Regular Sewing Supplies
Fridays - 9am - noon; April 21st, May 5 & 26
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.